What is the lymphatic system?
- A lump in or near your breast or under your arm
- Thick or firm tissue in or near your breast or under your arm
- Nipple discharge or tenderness
- A nipple pulled back into the breast. (Inverted nipple)
- Itching or skin changes such as redness, scales, dimpling, or puckering of the skin of the breast.
- A change in breast size or shape.
If you notice a lump in one breast, check the other one. If both breasts feel the same , it may be normal for you. You should however, still see your health care provider or gynecologist for a clinical breast exam to see if more tests are needed. This is regardless of your age. We now know that younger woman can get breast cancer.
Common Breast Changes Include:
- Breast tenderness and swelling due to your period
- Single lumps
- Nipple discharge
Breast Changes Due to Your Period